$1,000.00 ENTRANCE SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS
Applications will be sent out early spring and due back in May of that year.
Eligibility of Applicants:
- Resident of one of the four Atlantic Provinces
- Dependent, residing in Atlantic Canada, of an employee, manager, owner of a producer member company, or of an associate member company, or of ACA, active in the industry in Atlantic Canada at the time of application.
- Full or part-time employees (minimum 20 hours per week, and employed by the member for more than 18 months) of member companies firms.
- Graduation from a high school.
- Acceptance at a recognized Canadian university, or community college, or other post-secondary institution for the first year of studies, beginning in September.
- Applicants must submit a 1000-word essay on a concrete related topic.
- Member firms may photocopy, post, and distribute application forms as necessary
- Students must be nominated by a principal, teacher, or counselor in the school at which he/she has been attending
- All portions of this application form MUST be completed for consideration
- All marks or standings for three years of high school must be enclosed. Final marks for the first semester, (end of January) are acceptable for the Grade 12 year
- ACA reserves the right to verify all information
- Information regarding this scholarship may be obtained by contacting: ATLANTIC CONCRETE ASSOCIATION, (902) 443-4456; Fax: (902) 404-8074; Email the ACA office for more details.
- All applications, marks, references, etc., are kept in strictest confidence and become the property of ACA.
- The ACA Scholarship Committee considers academic standing, financial need, and school and community involvements.
- ACA reserves the right to withhold the scholarship if no acceptable applications are received.
- Applications must be received at the office of ACA by the due date.
- Winners will be notified by end of June.
- Cheques for scholarship winners will be forwarded directly to the registrar or bursar of the post-secondary institution upon proof of enrollment.
- The decision of the scholarship committee and ACA is final and not subject to appeal or review.